Tuesday 2 June 2009

the Day of Many Visitors


This morning Jennie and I ran up to the hospital (and beat Dad there who was in his car!) and so the three of us entered her room together (well, actually Jennie sprinted in ahead :)
I said to Mom "look Mom, Dad is here to visit with you!"...she right away turned her head to look for him and caught his eye and flashed him a flirtatious smile. (as flirtatious as you can get in her condition but we KNEW, once a flirt always a flirt...I'm so glad we did not inherit THIS quality :) She reached out her hand to him and he took it and she wrinkled her lips. I said "Dad, I think she wants a kiss from you." Dad leaned over and kissed her tenderly and they had three very tender kisses and she told him she loved him, aside from Mom, there was not a dry eye in the room. It was such a precious moment to witness, I'm so glad I was there for that. Gotta admit, they are so awe-inspiring together...makes you want to work a little harder in your daily relationship with your husband/wife when you witness their connection and devotion.

Mom then slept from 9am to 3pm and then she had a FLOOD of visitors from 3pm to 9pm. She had 8 visitors aside from family members! One of which was a local clergyman who visited and Dad kindly expressed his appreciation as he assured him that when it comes to religion and faith they were covered :) She would perk up periodically as she would hear a funny story or a comical interaction between a couple of family members and would express her interest with a wide smile and then fall back to sleep. Thank you all so much for your love, well wishes and prayers...we feel the love in its abundance.

**this photo was taken fall of 2008

5 comments:

  1. That is such a tender moment for you to have seen between your mom and dad. A memory which will stay with you forever.

    I admit I got a chuckle about your dad assuring the clergyman they have religion and faith covered. Boy do they ever. Its wonderful to have the gospel and its beautiful teachings to help us through moments like this.

    Love and prayers with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates. Kara, I am so glad you have been able to be there these past days. Your family continues to be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kendra and family. I think your mom looks so beautiful. Thank you for sharing these tender times with us. I am just crying for you all this morning and thinking how tender and special our relationships are. Your mom and dad are an inspiration to me, I am going to be a better wife and mother today. I love you all and you are in my prayers. God bless and be with you. Love to your Mom. Shelley Pelletier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra, thanks for the blog updates. Wonderful to read. I hope your family will continue to feel the influence of the 'balm of Gilead' at a time that must be incredibly heart rending. Our thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I could could hug Renie and each one of you girls. I continue to reflect with great fondness on the many special experiences we had--experiences that unite and bond and provide great sources of strength. I hope that you will know and feel the great love I have for your family and your wonderful mom. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you over these many miles.

    All my love, Elder Mark Bodily

    ReplyDelete