Monday 15 June 2009

More to come...

On behalf of our family, I would personally like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you for your continued love and support. I cannot begin to express the many ways we have felt uplifted and sustained while addressing the many tasks over the past few weeks. We have all had many different roles to play from preparing each other, our children, ourselves and most importantly in helping assist our parents in making this transition. We have felt an all encompassing comfort that has come through an outpouring of love on all fronts. Letters, cards, phone calls, flowers, refreshments, hugs, prayers, have all sustained us when our own strength has faultered. We will forever be grateful for the devout friendships that have withstood the test of time. May blessings abound in return for the goodwill you have demonstrated toward us.

I have another purpose for this entry. While we have brought this many people whom we love together in one place, I thought we should continue to take advantage of this great opportunity. I specifically chose the name of this blog to pertain to our family as a whole. That way we could continue to keep anyone interested updated on what's going on with the Hatt family children and on any of dad's upcoming adventures. It's important that we keep moving forward. I remember when Randy and I had been planning on adding another baby to our family, however after mom's diagnosis, we were no longer sure of the timing. We weren't sure how quickly her progression would be and if my time would be divided between Alberta and Ontario. We knew it would be a struggle to endure an additional pregnancy under the best of circumstances as I don't handle pregnancy very well, but if there was to be traveling involved as well, it would be an additonal strain. After much contemplation, we decided we needed to add this little one to our family and were expecting shortly after. I can remember how excited both mom and dad were at the news that there would be a new baby welcomed into our family. Dad's response especially stuck with me as he said "What's great is that life is continuing." And so it shall be. Life will continue. We will continue to have new experiences as our children grow and our families expand. We would love to share this wonderful/difficult/amazing/frusterating/rewarding experience with you. Please join us on this journey.

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Hatt Family:

    I, for one, would feel very blessed to be counted as one who would love to jon you on this journey. All to many times we wait for something like this to happen in order to pull together, renew old friendships and express feelings.

    Thanks for helping us feel part of this. Let us live, love and laugh and find joy in our journey.

    Luv,

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hatt Family,

    I would love to share a few things over email. Could you pass Blaine's email to mine, bennett.r.doug@gmail.com? I hope to get in touch.

    Best wishes,
    Doug Bennett (from Edmonton)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there has been no activity on this site but I just wanted to let the Hatt family know that you are still in my heart and I think of you all. I pray that you will have courage to continue to live your lives that way you have been taught.

    You were indeed raised by goodly parent.

    Luv,

    Tina MacGougan
    Fredericton (Moncton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the Hatt Family,
    I just realised that a year has gone by already since we met. I just wanted to say how grateful I am to somehow be associated with you. Hoping all is well with each member of the family. Of course my mind naturally reflects on Brother Blain as I have known him a bit more, spoken to him more, learned of him and feasted on his example and his sober and powerful words.
    I know not if the blog is still active, but I simply wish to acknowledge that I was thinking of you among the fine latter day saints of my time.
    Pres Gionet

    ReplyDelete